Tuesday, July 30, 2002

It appears that while I still get my daily hits, none of you seem to have the balls to make a shout out or take the poll. Too bad I know who all of you are. And you consider yourself my friends and/or family, and/or distantly associated to me through another friend but not really my friend per se, etc!

I'm not going to think it has something to do with my writing itself or the quality of my poll... Its not me, its you.

I would really like to tell you about how I almost sat down next to Armless Hipster Chick on the bus today, but I'm not gonna.. Because I didn't and its not an interesting story.

I need to write up my notes from the blues session yesterday, but I can't quite bring myself to do it. (Job security: knowing just how long you can slack on something without getting in trouble or fired.) I can't bring myself to do a lot of things lately-- e.g.: get off my ass and turn off the tv, leave the apartment, cook a real meal and not just spaghetti, get Carmen to take out that loser who stole from my uncle Bobby, finish one of the 10 books I am currently reading, or even talk on the phone. What I can do is astonishing-- I've been flossing. Flossing! I bought more floss from CVS this morning and was disappointed that the cashier didn't take note of my new interest in dental hygiene. I really think a lot of people would floss more often if cash registers lit up and sang happy songs to congratulate the wonderful person who goes out of their way to pick up this item and actually use it. We all tell the dentist we will floss, but we are all big fat liars. Dentists know it. Thats why there are so many commercials for toothpaste and tooth brushes and zero for floss. No one who is anyone flosses, even though your dentist will tell you that flossing is better than brushing any day of the damn week. But now, I too am one of the proud saintly amazing minority who buys and participates in the flossing revolution.

Which reminds me: woman in camo skirt, tee shirt, berkinstocks reading "The Jesus Manifesto: A Call to Revolution" on the bus yesterday.