Friday, March 26, 2004

Huh

I can't really type so much right now- so I don't really know how to blog because my blog-style is run on sentences and lengthy tangents.

So, various updates:

I lost my boss as my boss. He isn't fired- our group got hostile-y taken over by another department.

I now realize how much I liked my job and even the people I work with. Sure, I can complain about them til the cows come home, but at least they gave me the freedom to do my job as I saw it needed to be done. There was respect there- and now I don't know whats going to happen.

I have a funny feeling there is going to be a lot less freedom and a lot more bullshit.

The cat is way jealous of my new laptop. She climbs all over me, purrs like a lawn mower, rubs it, paws at it, and bites my hands if I am "petting" the keyboard too much.

When given the chance, my body will sleep until 1 PM, even if I went to bed at a reasonable hour.

PT is kinda boring. I wish there was more gossip. Its too sporty for me. I need counseling and talking about feelings.

Getting actual disability pay is really hard. Its even harder when you find out you don't qualify because your injuries were sustained on the job (where the fuck else did I get carpal tunnel from? It took them 2 weeks to figure that out) and now you have to file for worker's compensation.

I like beer and hanging out with people when I don't spend 10 hours a day working. Apparently, work is a big energy sucker and without it, I am a relaitvely normal, easy going, social person.

Who knew?