Tuesday, May 25, 2004

wins by a nose

It finally happened. And by happen I mean my nose ring was finally ripped out of my face.

Since I got the ring, most questions directed to me on the subject are along the lines of "how do you blow your nose?" (with a tissue, bah dum ching), "did it hurt?" and "have you ever had a booger on it?" (once, and I don't want to talk about it). And then everyone would confess to their fear of having a hypothetical nose ring snatched from their faces.

But not me, brave nose ring wearer that I was. How could something that stupid happen?

Well, first Princess Furry Face started getting a little playful while I was sitting on my bed, using my laptop. Then, she got a little aggressive. Then, she started really biting and scratching the shit out of my arm. I tried to get her to stop, but she just kept attacking. So I picked her up and threw her off the bed. While making the toss, her paw brushed across my face, and one of her nails (which, coincidentally, I haven't clipped yet) snagged my ring, and took it with her on her journey from bed to floor.

So the ring, thank god, had an opening. Not quite as wide as the thickness of my nostril, but just enough to keep my nose from being bisected. I have a wicked looking scratch, but it stops about 1/8th of an inch from the nostril rim. I have never been happier with a cut in my life.