Friday, October 22, 2004

no, really, god, this shit is effed up

My entire life just went to hell, in a goddamn fucking handbasket.

And I'm not going to tell any of you anything about it.

But here's the kicker--

I really, and I mean really wanted to post something on here about a certain person, for a certain person. Partly out of anger, yes. Also partly to hurt him, partly to feel better by hurting him, and partly to take him down a notch, oh hell fucking yeah. There is nothing so awful as thinking someone is feeling sorry for you for the shitty, yet unavoidable, thing they did to you.

This is where you are asking me, "Center, where is the fucking kicker?"

Lookit what my astrologer just so happened to have to say to me this week:

I have a good imagination, but it's difficult for me to wrap my mind around the possibility that anyone besides a white, Christian-fundamentalist millionaire is planning to vote for George W. Bush in the upcoming election. The man is not only a menace to the environment, women's rights, health care, the economy, science, and the English language, but is also fighting terrorism in all the wrong ways. Still, I refuse to detest him. On the contrary, I send him my blessings. Likewise, though I'm pained by readers who enjoy my horoscopes yet support Bush, I love them just the same. It's very important for you to apply my approach in the coming weeks, Aries. Do not, under any circumstances, revile the people you disagree with. Keep in mind Booker T. Washington's view: "I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him."

And its one of those really weird moments where I am like.. does this person really have psychic powers? And then I remember that if any single person in the world had psychic powers, no man would ever ever get laid again, because all of you are just so fucking retarded.

But on a philosophical note-- I'm tired. Its been a long day, in the shittiest week ever. So I'm just gonna take a moment here and say, to everyone: Its cool. It will all work itself out, eventually. I don't know how and I can't promise anything for later, but for now, its cool. I heart the world, shit and all.