Tuesday, April 15, 2008

elearning

I'm in a training right now.

My instructor is concurrently running a sharing program that allows off site participants to watch her screen, as well as sharing her screen with the classroom via a projector.

After we group-learn, she asks us to perform the same task on our workstations in an independant manner. She tells the off-site participants (listening in and watching her screen from remote locations, recall) that she is un-sharing the screen.

I get to work on my independant task. Ho hum. I glance up at the screen and realize I am looking up at Microsoft Outlook, not our training. And she is writing an email. And I catch this leetle gem:

Dear Someone McUnimportant,

I just found out that My Ex McExerson is starting to see other people. I just don't think I am ready to deal with this. I mean, I know its been awhile, and I should have moved on by now, and blah blah more about my feelings, etc.

What should I do?

-Silly McStupidhead.
OH GURL. I have SO MUCH to tell you.

First, learn the difference between a PROJECTOR and a SHARING SOFTWARE PROGRAM, because me and a bunch of other people up in this bitch just READ ALL YOUR SHIZZ.

Second, whoa. You really know how to compartmentalize. Up until this moment, I had no idea you had any inner turmoil happening at all. Good job!

Thirdly, lemme just say. Yeah, getting over someone is wicked hard and I really feel for you, but listen to me when I say this: LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PROJECTOR AND SHARING SOFTWARE PROGRAM.