Wednesday, July 16, 2008

joss whedon is my god now...

and that makes Neil Patrick Harris my NEWEST BESTEST FRIEND. He doesn't know it yet (natch) but he is. I looourve you NPH. In fact, here is a letter to NPH:
Dear Neil Patrick Harris,

I loved you when you were Doogie and I was 13. However, then I grew up and kinda forgot about you, until Harold and Kumar. But since H&K, I have learned how deep, how abiding, how true, my love for you is. Your face. I loves it. Sure, I don't watch that sitcom you are on, cuz I kinda hate sitcoms, but I still love you.

I carry you in my heart,
Center of the Universe
I would additionally note that I love Nathan Fillion, technically the exact same amount, because it is not possible for me to love him any more than I already loved him, before the first most awesomest act of Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog.

Yes, people. Last night was the first act of Dr. Horrible, the webisode musical written and directed by Joss Whedon, et. al. AND IT WAS GRRRREAT!!

The first act is online now. Go to http://www.drhorrible.com/

Also, the cool kidz at TV Without Pity did a recap, so you can relive the glory here: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/mondo_extras/dr_horribles_singalong_blog.php?page=1

I wasn't totally in love with Felicia Day last night, because she is really only briefly in the first act of Dr. Horrible, and she had a very small part in season 7 Buffy, so I never really thought about Felicia Day. Not the same way I have thought about NPH or Nathan Fillion. But I am in love now, since listening to her video-podcast at http://www.geekscape.net/podcasts/episode.php?episode=Geekscape+80%3A+Dolphin+Videos+On+Your+iPhone

There is a point in the podcast where Felicia Day admits to loving the following three things and that was the moment i loved her:

  • Kickboxer, starring Jean Claude Van Damme (or, as I think of him, Jean Claude VAN DAMN!)
Did you know that I loved Jean Claude VAN DAMN! as a pre-teen? Would you think, having read this blog over all these years, that I have seen almost every Jean Clade VAN DAMN! movie there is? 100% true people.

But back to Felicia Day-- Felicia Day also enjoys:
  • Big Trouble in Little China, starring Kurt Russell
  • The Kushiel books.
Along with my love for VAN DAMN!, I have a deep and abiding affection for Kurt Russell, and have these many years loved Big Trouble in Little China.

And while I did not enjoy the Kushiel Books all that much, I'm way into anyone who admits to enjoying semi-S&M, dark, high fantasy. Genre fiction rules!

This random blog has been brought to you by louuuuurve for Joss Whedon. Fangirl! Me! I am!